The Hoochery Distillery respects your privacy and complies with the National Privacy Principles. Unless you give us explicit consent to act otherwise, the following policy will govern how the Hoochery handles your personal information and safeguards your privacy.
The Hoochery is committed to complying with the National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information developed by the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Information We Collect
Certain personal information is collected when you contact us, including but not limited to, your name, email address, mobile phone number and postcode. This information allows others to identify you. Personal information gathered must only be used for the purpose agreed by both the provider of information and the Hoochery.
How Will We Use It?
Your information will be held in the strictest confidence. The Hoochery will not disclose, share or sell any personal information about you to any third party. The information we collect enables us to provide a better service that is tailored to your needs and helps us to identify the areas of our venue and site that are popular and those that are not.
When you make a purchase, you will be opted in to receive promotional material from us, then you will receive emails, from us to inform you of up and coming events and special offers of interest to you. If you wish to update or change personal information collected please contact us so we can amend your details.
You can opt out of receiving contact from us at any stage by simply emailing us, or using the unsubscribe link provided at the footer of our emails.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We have implemented appropriate processes and techniques to protect personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In addition, access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
- We take all necessary steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- While care is taken to protect your personal information, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
WHAT IF THERE IS A BREACH IN RELATION TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We take breaches of your privacy very seriously. In the event that there is a data breach relating to personal information that we hold about you, such as loss of, unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, the information (Data Breach), we will take immediate steps to contain and remedy any effects of the Data Breach in accordance with our Data Breach Response Plan. Where required under the Act, we will notify both you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) of the Data Breach.
MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that: (a) the information that we collect about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection; (b) when we use your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of use; and (c) if we disclose your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of disclosure.
- You warrant that all information that you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date at the relevant time.
WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OVERSEAS?
- There may be circumstances where we need to disclose your personal information to a third party overseas (Overseas Recipient). This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Australia.
- Prior to disclosing your personal information to an Overseas Recipient, APP 8.1 requires that we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the third party recipient of your information complies with the APPs (other than APP 1) in relation to your information, or that the third party recipient is bound by laws that offer you at least as much protection as the APPs and that you are able to enforce your rights under those international laws in the event of any breach unless an exception applies (the Overseas Disclosure Obligations).
- We will take all reasonable steps to satisfy our Overseas Disclosure Obligations.
- The countries to which we are most likely to send your personal information include (a) Australia.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Usually we will be able to provide you with access to your personal information upon receipt of your written request, either by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post sent to PO Box 497 Kununurra WA 6743, and confirmation of your identity. There are some limited circumstances in which we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information when requested. Such circumstances might include where access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others.
- Where you request access to your personal information, we will respond to any such request in accordance with the Act.
- We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to your personal information but we will not charge you for any request you might make to access your information.
HOW CAN YOU SEEK TO CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We do what we can to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. To assist us to do this, it is imperative that you provide us with correct information at the time you provide it to us and immediately inform us if any of the information changes at any time. You may make a request that we correct any of your information. We would prefer your request to be in writing. This can be made either by email sent to email@example.com or by post sent to PO Box 497 Kununurra WA 6743.
- We will respond to any requests regarding the correction of your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made and in accordance with the Act.
- We will not charge you for any request to correct your personal information, nor will we pass on to you any costs incurred by us in correcting your personal information or for associating a statement with your personal information.
WHAT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT SOME ASPECT OF OUR PRIVACY PROCEDURES?
- We are committed to maintaining and protecting your privacy but it is possible that in limited circumstances, mistakes might be made. If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact Hoochery Distillery either by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post sent to PO Box 497 Kununurra WA 6743.
- If your personal information has not been handled in an appropriate way, we will do our best to remedy your concerns as quickly as possible.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may approach an external dispute resolution service or apply to the OAIC to have the complaint heard and determined.
PROTECTING YOUR IDENTITY
- Wherever it is practicable, we will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
CHANGES AND EXEMPTIONS TO THIS POLICY